Re: Conkeror-like functionality for EWW

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Conkeror-like functionality for EWW
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:20:06 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> AK> here https://github.com/m00natic/eww-lnum
> AK> There were voices before for such, so if it seems worthy, I'd gladly add
> AK> it to GNU ELPA.  For those who wonder what this conkeror shmazi-pazi is
> AK> - sort of combination between Isearch and ace-jump that operates only
> AK> over links, buttons and forms.  It makes for quick and precise
> AK> alternative to mouse browsing.
>
> Hi Andrey,
>
> your code is neat and useful. Could it integrate with the existing
> `next-error' and `previous-error' Emacs functionality, though? That's
> not just for errors, but for visiting points of interest in general.

I just had another look at the code.  If I understand it correctly, you
hit `f', numbers are assigned to the links, and then you enter the
number of the link you want to visit?

I'm afraid I don't find this compelling functionality.  Anything that
makes me read numbers from the screen and then type them in doesn't seem
like something a lot of people would want to do when they can just mouse
or tab to the link.