sequence manipulation functions

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: sequence manipulation functions
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 23:17:26 +0100

Hi!

Here are two files that add some missing sequence-manipulation functions
to Emacs Lisp.

It provides:

- coherent naming that fits well with existing sequence functions
- all functions work on lists, vectors and strings
- consistency:
  - all mapping functions take the sequence as their second argument
  - other sequence functions take the sequence as their their first
    argument
- all functions are documented
- all functions are tested

It adds the following functions: "first", "rest", "take", "drop",
"filter", "reduce", "some-p", "every-p", "empty-p", "sort-seq", "subseq"
and "concatenate". Together with existing mapping and other
sequence-manipulation functions I think it provides a good library. I
probably missed some though.

If you are interested, I'd like to have feedback on this, and I'm also
willing to update the documentation for sequences and send a proper
patch.

As I don't know what is the best way to submit a patch to Emacs, I
simply attached both elisp files.

Cheers,
Nico
--