Re: Turning off colorization

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:36:57 +0200

> From: address@hidden (N. Jackson)
> Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:47:14 -0400
>
> After reading this thread, today I tried toggling off font-lock-mode
> (and global-font-lock-mode) in an unreadable HTML mail buffer to see if
> that provides a better solution. However it seems to have no effect
> whatsoever on how the buffer is displayed.

I'm quite sure HTML colors are not handled by font-lock.  They are
probably handled by putting explicit color faces on chunks of text,
under control of the HTML tags/CSS.

Go to one of the colored places and type

  M-x describe-text-properties RET

If you don't see "fontified    t" among the properties, you are not up
against font-lock.

> So providing a more intuitive alias for it, or putting it on the
> menus, would not be helpful (at least in my case).

I don't think it will help, see above.