Re: minor bzr->git changes missed

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: minor bzr->git changes missed
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:01:30 +0200

> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:56:05 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> On 11/13/2014 09:36 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > But why on master?  All the changes of this kind should go to
> > the branch.
>
> Since those changes didn't fix any bugs, I assumed they weren't needed
> in the emacs-24 branch.  It's possible that our definitions of "bug" differ.

No, our definitions don't differ in this case.  But a change in a
documentation file or in .gitignore cannot possibly do any harm to the
stability of the release branch, and the fact that we switched to Git
is true for the branch as well.  So leaving references to bzr on the
branch sounds wrong to me, even if it is not a bug in the literal
sense.