Re: Both 'master' and 'trunk'?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Both 'master' and 'trunk'?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:23:50 +0200

> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:01:36 +0100
> From: Nicolas Richard <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Le 14/11/2014 06:27, Eli Zaretskii a écrit :
> > Ah, okay.  It's indeed "origin".
>
> FWIW I just realized that I like this presentation of git concepts :
> http://gitolite.com/gcs.html
> because it's short and focuses on ideas. That also means it won't get
> you started if you want to do things and know nothing, but my guess is
> that you already know the basic git commit/pull/push stuff.

Thanks.  However, concepts presented at this level are not my problem
where I am now.  The problem for me is to associate the terminology
(which is perverse at times, and seems to be deliberately invented to
confuse and trip someone who comes from another VCS) with the muscle
memory of the daily workflows.