RE: Losing minibuffer input

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Losing minibuffer input
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 20:22:06 -0800 (PST)

> There is another convenience in other programs that we could use.
> Most programs allow typing S-RET to insert a newline in their
> analogue of the minibuffer.  Even though it might be unavailable
> on some terminals, what do you think about adding it for GUI
> sessions?

Again, please don't.

[FWIW, S-RET is used in at least one 3rd-party library for
an alternative (to RET) action on the input.]

What makes more sense, IMO, is to simply let `C-j' (newline)
be self-inserting.  There is no reason not to - along with
`?' and `SPC' (generally, not just for file names).  But I
repeat myself...