Re: git commit/push and VC

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: git commit/push and VC
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:17:12 +0900

Yuri Khan writes:

 > You can

You're missing the point.  This thread is not about teaching users to
change their global configuration.  It's about making minimal changes
to existing workflows to get them to work with git.  The question is
not how to deal with any given issue, but rather whether users will
run into it.

 > customize your shell prompt

And this just isn't sufficient, anyway.  I have had such a shell
prompt since 1988.  It doesn't help that much for reasons I don't
understand, and more important to my case, M-! doesn't show a shell
prompt.