Re: Network security manager

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Network security manager
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:27:48 +0100

> Stefan requested that I didn't push this to the public repository, but
> I'm not going to finish it tonight, and I need some feedback.

> So I did anyway.  The new branch is called "nsm".

One thing you could have done is to create a new and empty repository
emacs-feature-branches on github, and then
 git cd ~/emacs/emacs-24/
 git remote add github https://github.com/larsi/emacs-feature-branches
 git push -u github nsm

Others that wanted to look at it would need to do:
 git cd ~/emacs/emacs-24/
 git remote add larsi-emacs-feature-branches
https://github.com/larsi/emacs-feature-branches
 git fetch larsi-emacs-feature-branches
 git checkout  larsi-emacs-feature-branches/nsm

After this, the nsm branch will be present in their working directory,
without "polluting" upstream.