Re: Your commit 7409a79

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Your commit 7409a79
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 16:44:41 -0600

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>   * CONTRIBUTE: Renamed from etc/CONTRIBUTE.
>                   ^^^^^^^
>                   Rename
>
> Of course, we also prefer the present tense because the text should
> describe "what the patch does" rather than "what the patch did".

Ok. I often switch tenses halfway thru, and then get annoyed when I
realize that. Having a standard will help.

Added to CONTRIBUTE (not pushed yet).

Gentle reminder; when making comments about commit log style, please
reference CONTRIBUTE. And if what you are saying is _not_ currently in
CONTRIBUTE, please fix it (or don't say it :).

--
-- Stephe