Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: andres . ramirez
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:50:19 -0500

At Tue, 09 Dec 2014 19:39:06 +0200,
Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 18:28:43 +0100
> >
> > > Makeinfo validates pointers and cross-references that could lead into
> > > many other parts.  Separate compilation would need to leave some info
> > > about those other parts in a form that is much more easily readable.
> >
> > Much more easily readable than Texinfo source?  Texinfo source does not
> > seem hard to parse to me.  What am I overlooking?
>
> Not sure.  But then why is the Perl implementation so slow?  I thought
> one reason was that it was built around a parser, something the
> original C version didn't even try to do.

Mmmm. It should be another reasons, a parser can be done on C too(Flex/Bison).
But
the Texinfo guys had chosen perl in place o C. In my humble opinion,
the best option would have been make everything on C. I think the main
users of Texinfo is the emacs community (Everyone compiling
the trunk)

Am I Right in my last statement?.

Best Regards