Re: bug#19299: 25.0.50; "Contributing" button in *About GNU Emacs* no lo

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: bug#19299: 25.0.50; "Contributing" button in *About GNU Emacs* no longer works
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 03:34:02 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
>> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 12:55:59 -0500
>>
>> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>
>> > You mean, we shouldn't be concerned that this information will not be
>> > available to users of a popular platform?
>>
>> No, that's neither what I mean nor what the situation would be.
>> I meant that we should not let how Debian choose to split their packages
>> (and repositories) influence where we put Emacs information.
>
> Now I'm confused.  If we put this in the manual, then Debian users
> will not see it.

Unless they take the extra steps of adding 'non-free' to their
distribution list, and installing the Emacs documentation.

I think this is an important issue. Remember, the point of this file is
to encourage Emacs users to contribute bug reports/patches/etc to Emacs;
we want it to be easily available to everyone.

--
-- Stephe