Re: --enable-gcc-warnings is broken on Fedora 21 by GnuTLS code

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: --enable-gcc-warnings is broken on Fedora 21 by GnuTLS code
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 01:09:21 -0800

Dmitry Antipov wrote:
I'm just curious how to hook Emacs' xmalloc/xrealloc/xfree into GnuTLS without
that.

Yes, without that it's not just that --enable-gcc-warnings is busted, it's that gnutls itself is busted when memory is low.

Apparently one is now supposed to do something like this:

gnutls_malloc = xmalloc;
gnutls_realloc = xrealloc;
gnutls_calloc = xcalloc;
gnutls_free = xfree;
gnutls_strdup = xstrdup;

although this does not appear to be documented. What a pain. Is that something you can test? I don't have Fedora 21 installed yet. (I think you'll have to define an xcalloc.)