Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:31:43 -0500

> info:elisp#Strings%20and%20Characters

No, I meant an actual URL that will work "anywhere".  I.e. a link to the
online HTML docs, but which the Info reader would redirect to the local
(currently Info) pages.

I.e. something like

   http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/Control-Structures
or
   http://texinfo.org/emacs/Control-Structures

[ This latter one being probably preferable so non-GNU packages can
also have their place.  ]

Of course, we'd then have to make sure the www.gnu.org server serves the
right pages at those same places.  Obviously, Info uses the
"(manual)Title" syntax internally all over the place, so we won't want
to completely remove this syntax, but we should use the URL syntax
outside of Info-mode (e.g. in docstrings).

        Stefan