Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:49:49 -0500

>> Which part of X-Symbol is still useful?
> I'd say the idea to have code, which does not even rely on correct latex
> syntax, nor on a working Latex installation, to have semi-WYSIWYG for
> buffers containing math formula.

I remember X-Symbol, but most of its feature set has been replaced by
other things (e.g. input-methods, or \inputenc{utf8} which lets you use
actual accented chars in the file).  Are you referring to the replacement
of "\alpha" with an "α" and things like that?

These could be added via prettify-symbols-mode (which, like
preview-latex relies on redisplay features rather than modifying the
actual buffer's content).

        Stefan