Re: word-wrap and wrapping before window-width

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: word-wrap and wrapping before window-width
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:20:59 +0200

> From: Ivan Shmakov <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 06:15:10 +0000

>  >>>> There’s an minor issue of how to display word-wrapped lines while
>  >>>> the window is scrolled horizontally.  Currently, horizontal
>  >>>> scrolling simply inhibits word-wrap.
>
>  >>> What other GUI application does something different in this case?
>
>  >> Firefox.
>
>  > Showing what URL?
>
>       This one:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Box-Diagrams.html

What I see there is not what was described in this discussion.  There
are blocks of text there that are exempt from word wrap, that's all.
But as soon as you make the window narrow enough to have the
horizontal scroll bar appear, and you scroll horizontally using that
scroll bar, the entire text is scrolled as one rigid body, exactly as
Emacs does with horizontal scrolling.

>       I can find you dozens more if you need, – just tell me and I’ll
>       do it right away.

If they do something different from this one, please do, and thanks.