Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 21:23:41 -0500

> You consider it a waste of time, because you see the value in what
> I am trying to protect.

> This difference in values is why I am not going to heed your conclusions.

To me there is blindingly clear evidence that what you're trying to
protect doesn't exist any more, and that it's just alienating those rare
individuals who do share our values enough that they haven't already
moved on to LLVM/clang.

And since the GCC license already fully allows writing a plugin which
gives all the info we need, I strongly support and encourage everyone to
go ahead, write such a plugin, link it to CEDET (or any other Emacs
package if you so prefer), and I'll do everything I can to get this
included into Emacs.

With all due respect, Richard, I really think here you're simply wrong,
and I'd be willing to consider a fork if that's what it takes.

        Stefan