Re: Integrating Midi into Emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Integrating Midi into Emacs
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 23:06:51 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> - I'm sure you considered OSC, but heres a link anyway:
>   http://delysid.org/emacs/osc.el
>
> My idea with OSC was to embedd gtk sliders in a buffer, and drive a
> softsynth made with Overtone with these sliders using OSC.
>
> Anyway, good luck with your project!

I actually don't have the foggiest what I am supposed to do with OSC and
osc.el.  At any rate, opening a link into some generic sound control
network server is not at the same level of complexity as operating some
Midi device.  So I'm going to pursue my Midi entry project
independently.  Whether or not one can use OSC as an alternative source
of the respective events: no idea.

--
David Kastrup