Re: Page navigation in doc-view.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Page navigation in doc-view.el
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:05:24 -0500

>> IIRC there's a variable doc-view-continuous to choose the behavior, tho
>> IIRC it affects SPC/DEL rather than n/p.
> It affects scrolling by window-fuls and possibly jump to next page.   I do
> use it.
> What I want is C-x [, C-x ]  and M-g M-g  leave me at the beginning of the
> page (rather than somewhere in the middle).
> There is some other user -- see right in this thread -- who misses the
> feature I am requesting.

I think it would make sense to make `n' jump to the beginning of the
doc-view-continuous is non-nil.

For M-g M-g, maybe as well (again conditional on doc-view-continuous).

Of course, I also think that doc-view-continuous should ideally render
all the pages at the same time in the buffer (stacked vertically), so
you can scroll through them with the usual scrolling commands, but that
will take a good bit more work.

        Stefan