Re: several (minor) pending patches

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: several (minor) pending patches
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 20:15:50 +0000

 > Given that I now seem to have commit access to the Emacs Git
 > repository, would there be any objections to me committing – within
 > the next two days – the patches available for the bug reports below?

[…]

        I’ve just pushed the following six changes to ‘master’.  (I do
        not follow emacs-24, so I wasn’t sure if any of these would be
        suitable there.)

0aaa5d6 Unloading support for misearch.
e391d88 Do not clear the session when trying to read a non-existent
        desktop file.
1728544 Fix: inhibit point motion hooks when encoding an enriched document.
e000ff3 Fix dir-locals handling for non-file buffers.
3e824b0 Avoid mapcar in two cases in files.el.
22441b6 Ignore print-length and print-level while formatting url-cookie data.

        (The 22441b6 change is for http://debbugs.gnu.org/16805, which I
        forgot about in my original plan.  It was reviewed by Stefan.)

        I’ve decided not to push the tar-new-entry change along with the
        changes above, as it’s not exactly a “minor” change.  (And it
        spans several directories, which would surely make it easier for
        me to screw the things up.)

 > http://debbugs.gnu.org/19274  (Reviewed by Eli, Stefan.)

 > * lisp/tar-mode.el
 > (tar-new-regular-file-header, tar--pad-to, tar--put-at)
 > (tar-header-serialize, tar-new-entry): New functions.
 > (tar-mode-map): Bind tar-new-entry to a key.
 > (tar-current-position): Split off tar-current-descriptor.
 > (tar-current-descriptor): Use tar-current-position.
 > doc/emacs/files.texi: Updated.
 > etc/NEWS: Updated.

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257  np. Tears of the Dragon — Bruce Dickinson