Re: using commit identifiers in bug reports

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: using commit identifiers in bug reports
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 23:23:06 +0200

> From: Ivan Shmakov <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:45:53 +0000
>
>       I still feel it useful to include the commit identifier
>       somewhere.  Why, report-emacs-bug already puts the version in
>       the subject, and on Git ‘master’, a single version value may
>       correspond to vastly different trees.

report-emacs-bug is mainly for users, not for people who track the
development.  The latter are expected to try the latest master before
they report a problem.

Anyway, this is dragging for too long for such a simple issue.  Two
people independently told you that your wording looks awkward and
suggested to amend that.  Now that you understand the nature of our
confusion, it's up to you to decide what to do with that observation.