Re: Project support and completions

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Project support and completions
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 06:23:10 +0200

On 01/26/2015 05:46 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Which decision?

Whether to make the second project active as soon as I visit a file in it. Assuming you use Eli's meaning of "active" (used for completion and navigation in all (?) buffers).

Or whether to keep the previous project active, or entirely "leave" it.

Quite often, when I visit files from different projects, they are just
it: different projects.

Right, that's exactly what I expect.  Are we in violent agreement, or am
I missing something?

We probably are, but I'm also entertaining the idea of supporting that alternative approach mentioned above.

If we want to accomodate it, it will need separate notions of "active" projects (ones we're interested in in the current session) and the "current" project (the one the current file belongs to).

In short, you're expressing ideas about how things should work in an implementation, and I worry that someone might consider them good constraints on the project API.