Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:02:11 +0100

Hi all,

I'm not happy with the current state of dedicated windows in gdb.  I saw
a discussion back from 2008 that kind of went nowhere.

Has the state-of-the-art in window placement improved since then?

In any case, could I add a custom variable to completely turn off
dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el? The current community workaround that I
found is to use commands that disregard dedicated windows in place of
the proper ones, just to play around gdb. I think it's better to just
give an option to turn dedicated windows off.

regards
Oleh