Re: Pixel-based display functions

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Pixel-based display functions
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 13:28:18 +0100

>> (2) For each cell put the text in a buffer and show the buffer in a
>>       window.
>
> I thought Lars didn't want to flash display of such windows.

How comes we'd flash them?  He would obviously restore the window
configuration before the next redisplay.

> Doesn't posn-at-point and end-of-visual-line already provide the means
> to get this information?

The latter calls `vertical-motion' so this should work indeed.  But does
`vertical-motion' have to go back to the beginning of a logical line
when it's broken into several visual lines?  This would mean that we'd
always have to rescan from the beginning of the logical line for each
visual line break and the contents of each cell might often consist of
one long logical line only.

martin