Re: [elpa] Excorporate: Exchange integration package

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [elpa] Excorporate: Exchange integration package
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 09:05:56 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> There can be exceptions (typically support for using Emacs on Windows
> and Mac OS X platforms), when we consider that such support will
> encourage people to rely on Free Software (e.g. Emacs) more than
> it will encourage them to rely on proprietary programs.

The choice of the server is not yours, if you are working for a
company. I'm also confronted with an Exchange server @work.

> In this case, I think this argument doesn't work, since you can already
> use Emacs to access an Exchange server via IMAP (tho that admittedly
> only covers some part of the functionality;and I don't know if other
> parts can be similarly accessed via other standard protocols or not).

Thomas has started with Calendar integration. AFAIK, you need EWS in
order to access it on an Exchange server.

And even IMAP access is not always possible. IMAP access information for
that server was hidden in my company, and it took me a while to find it
out. Other people might fail to get IMAP access for an Exchange server,
depending on a company's policy.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.