Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:39:04 +0100

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

>> I dislike non-soft dedicated windows because they're bad design.
>
> What's the bad design about having such a possibility?

You have a window. You switched to it explicitly. You want to change the
buffer that's in it, but you can't.

To top it off, it looks exactly the same all the other windows, 99.5% of
which that don't behave this way.

Add even on top that it wasn't you who explicitly specified this
behavior for your window. This behavior was simply loaded from a
package.