Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 01:22:06 +0100

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think it's because --with-ltdl is not the default.  It should be,
> right?  Modules are enabled by default?

They used to but Eli or Stefan said it should be off by default as
it's still experimental.

> AA>     ./autogen.sh && ./configure --with-ltdl && make -kj8
>
> OK, so the problem is that my system (Ubuntu 14.10) has that library but
> it's not autodetected.  What can I do to help you find the problem?

http://diobla.info/code/load-example/
Can you make this work? If you had to change the flags, which one did you use?

As an alternative solution, we could bundle ltdl with emacs:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Distributing-libltdl.html

> /home/tzz/source/emacs/emacs/src/emacs: symbol lookup error:
> /home/tzz/source/emacs/emacs/modules/yaml/yaml.so: undefined symbol:
> yaml_parser_initialize
> [!] yaml tests failed
>
> I have libyaml-dev installed, but `pkg-config yaml-0.1 --cflags` returns
> nothing.  That may be expected--I don't see a yaml.pc anywhere.

This has more to do with --libs but it doesn't matter: if a package
doesn't exist pkg-config prints an error message.
Again, maybe try to find the right flags to build a sample libyaml
program? We can go from there.