Re: Current master conflicts with ECB package

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Current master conflicts with ECB package
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:27:43 -0200

Try recompiling. I think "make bootstrap" was suggested on another thread.

On 16 Feb 2015 15:38, "Angelo Graziosi" <address@hidden> wrote:
Current master (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=c4e2be4587ec6d0f1367b1bfe220a71360e25bea) conflicts with ECB package installed from MELPA. With this init.el file in ~/.emacs.d,

$ cat init.el
;;
;; ECB : Emacs Code browser setup
;;
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elpa/ecb-20140215.114")
(require 'ecb)

;; So that ECB is activated at Emacs startup
(setq ecb-auto-activate t)

;; This is suggested here:
;; http://www.patrickmin.com/linux/tip.php?name=emacs_ecb_startup
(setq ecb-tip-of-the-day nil)
(custom-set-variables '(ecb-options-version "2.40"))

Starting Emacs gives (I have removed also all desktop and history files) :

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `/home/angelo/.emacs.d/init.el':

Symbol's function definition is void: eieio-constructor

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.

Notice that yesterday build from master (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=ba5bc0ee7c81f2122072bee162fcf1dbd8b2a8f2) works just fine (~ O(bug#19848)) with ECB package installed.

Ciao,
 Angelo.