autoload for eww-suggest-uris

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: autoload for eww-suggest-uris
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:55:35 +0000

 >> +;;;###autoload
 >>  (defcustom eww-suggest-uris

 > Autoloading defcustoms is know to cause problems.  See
 > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-11/msg00608.html

        I don’t seem to see there any description of what /exactly/
        happens in such a case – just that package-initialize for some
        reason resets the variables set with custom-set-variables.

        Now, given that eww.el is a built-in package, is that even a
        problem?  (Any details on that, anyone?)

 > Personally, I'd recommend finding another way around your add-hook
 > issue.  What was the problem?

        This:

;;; ~/.emacs
(add-hook 'eww-suggest-uris 'some-new-function)
; → (some-new-function)

        Expected: that some-new-function /and/ all the default ones.

        An alternative would be to use add-hook in 'eww itself, but that
        in turn interferes with (setq eww-suggest-uris '(the-only-one)).

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A