Re: Short patch for review

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Short patch for review
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 11:07:04 +0000

According to its docstring, it's for cases where the user does something wrong. Calling a command on the wrong buffer, providing invalid input, things like that.

We also have a few instances where it's used to abort commands when the user answers "No" to a query. I'm not 100% sure those instances qualify, but it's certainly way better than throwing actual errors.

On Feb 19, 2015 5:49 AM, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 19:17:52 -0200
> From: Artur Malabarba <address@hidden>
> Cc: Kelly Dean <address@hidden>
>
> Hi all, Kelly sent me a patch for changing a couple of `error'
> instances into `user-error'.
> It looks ok to me, but I'd appreciate if someone could confirm that
> it's alright.

Do we have guidelines for which errors should be 'user-error'?