Re: Emacs development

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs development
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 20:43:50 +0200

> From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 15:22:05 +0100
>
>    I'm not really sure I understand what these relationships
>    are, or why are they important.
>
> Me too (re relationships), which is why it behooves those
> involved to state them explicitly (if possible).

There are many issues that might or might not be related to Emacs; we
don't normally describe them just because they might.

You could help understanding how these are related, by posting
questions that might bother newcomers, for which there are no ready
answers in the available documentation.

> I think it is related in that a newcomer's contributions may
> belong better in one repo or another, or even apart from Emacs
> (e.g., posted to gnu-emacs-sources only), due to relationships
> and expectations.

We only have one repository these days.