Re: Emacs trunk crash

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk crash
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 23:37:45 +0100

> From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:59:41 +0000 (UTC)
>
> There is lots of bytecode which is executed during the backtrace.
> I don't know much about exploring those frames.

Ca you reproduce the problem by first starting "emacs -Q" and then
manually invoking 'desktop-read' to restore session from the offending
file?

I have not yet been able to do that.
The culprit is this entry in my .emacs.desktop file:

(desktop-create-buffer 208
  "c:/Home/Research/Georges/indigolog/indigolog/indigolog-linux-0.8beta/lib/eclipse_swi.pl"
  "eclipse_swi.pl"
  'prolog-mode
  '( )
  2570
  '(2359 nil)
  nil
  nil
  '((buffer-file-coding-system . undecided-unix) (truncate-lines))
  '((mark-ring (2570))))

I have removed all the minor modes which do not make a difference.
I have tried to change prolog-mode to fundamental-mode with no difference either.

I can give the eclipse_swi.pl to whoever wants to debug this, but I suspect that the bug
is triggered by something in my configuration. I'll try to find it.
(The file i available here http://sourceforge.net/p/indigolog/code/ci/master/tree/lib/eclipse_swi.pl )

Fabrice