Re: VC mode and git

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:38:15 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

>> With all due respect, I think you are mistaken.  C-x v v pushes by
>> default [...] with Bzr,
>
> This is wrong.

Just to elaborate: neither vc-bzr nor vc-git nor vc-hg (the DVCS
interfaces) push on commit but our advertised bzr setup made bzr itself
push on commit by default (because it was a bound branch).

In the same way, you could set up a git post-commit hook that pushes if
you wish by placing a scipt with contents

#!/bin/sh
git push

in .git/hooks/post-commit/.

Bye,