Re: VC mode and git

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:54:08 +0200

On 03/26/2015 12:54 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

It is a mistake to say that "modern" DVCs all work this way.
BZR did not.  I never had this problem with BZR.

Even Bzr works this way by default. While it does have an optional "bound branch" workflow recommended to some newcomers, that requires extra configuration.

We shouldn't optimize VC for users coming from CVS; we should optimize for the modern user (which are the majority, or will be anyway), and they are accustomed to separate "commit" and "push" commands.

I could _maybe_ support `C-x v v' offering to push when the current file has no changes and there are local commits, but that's not what you're looking for anyway.