Re: April 7 cutover for generating ChangeLog automatically

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: April 7 cutover for generating ChangeLog automatically
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 05:37:14 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:49:10 -0400
>
> > So you are saying that emacs-24 should be frozen and no commits should
> > be pushed to it, once 24.5 is released?
>
> Pretty much, except for important/urgent bug fixes or obviously
> safe fixes.

But this means there's a real possibility that there will be 24.6.
More importantly, it means that we will have to use 2 confusingly
different procedures.  And now I don't understand why not get rid of
ChangeLogs on the branch as well, the changes to do that are in parts
of Emacs that cannot possibly cause any bugs.