Re: VC mode and git

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 00:09:00 +0200

>> The only way to make git do the merge is to move away the uncommitted
>> changes, either by committing them,

> IIUC this will fail miserably with

> git commit -a

> as I sketched in the scenario I posted earlier.

I think your problem in the scenario you posted was that one of your
merges with conflict didn't get committed, and git refused to do
anything else on that branch until it was committed or reset.

Possibly ChangeLog wasn't staged for commit once the conflict markers
had been removed? Possibly there were conflicts in other files.