Re: Stash

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Stash
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 21:41:27 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
I don't have all the output.  I had run git in a shell buffer a few
times, and it causes a lot of trouble about the terminal.  So I started
running it in an ordinary terminal.

To fix that, arrange set the environment variable GIT_PAGER to the empty string in the shell buffer. Or create an alias to run “git --no-pager” instead of git.

Fortunately it seems that all my changes did make it into Savannah.
So it is just a matter of how to get a clean repository.

If “git status -s” produces no output, I see no reason not to run
git reset --hard origin/master

If it does produce output, you could do

git commit -a -m 'Commited just in case'
git branch badmaster HEAD
git reset --hard origin/master

Now everything in your repository should be just fine, except you might have some junk in the badmaster branch. (That was just in case there was important information there that you did not want to lose. If some time passes and you're confident you haven't lost anything, delete the badmaster branch.)

– Harald