Re: UI inconveniences with M-.

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: UI inconveniences with M-.
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 08:10:45 +0200

On Tue, Apr 28 2015, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> [ Moving this to emacs-devel.  ]

I my proposal the next-error/prev-error commands could be used to
navigate through xrefs even after the *xref* buffer disappeared.  This
can was done--quite elegantly I think--by setting next-error-last-buffer
to the *xref* buffer and set the buffer local value of
next-error-function in the *xref* buffer appropriately.

Dmitry took that out because he thinks that it interferes too much with
compilation-mode.  Maybe he's right but let me note that M-x rgrep also
uses next-error/prev-error and similarly interferes with
compilation-mode.

Helmut