Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 21:24:49 +0530

On Sunday 10 May 2015 08:56 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > I "hope" to kickstart "The Emacs Book" initiative.
>
> In principle, we could do such a thing -- but what would this
> book be _about_?

> The FSF already has three books about Emacs.  If you propose
> we make another, what subject matter do you propose?

I don't have concrete answers to your questions.

Without seeking to define the content of the book (for now), let us
just __name__ my effort "A Emacs Primer".

What I hope to do is:

1. Produce some sample draft (of narrow scope) that is agreeable to
   the maintainers.  The initial draft will set (or define) the future
   direction for this effort.

2. Lobby for an Official Git repo and discussion list for the project.

The blessings-from-FSF is something that I consider as non-negotiable.
The rest can be negotiated.

That said, I am offering a service.  Please make use of it.