Re: subr-x on Elpa

From: joakim
Subject: Re: subr-x on Elpa
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 21:02:09 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> But it would certainly be nice to have a way to link the source of an ELPA
>> package to its built-in counterpart.
>
> I still hope someone will take up the challenge to work on the
> tarballing and build scripts so that we can bundle GNU ELPA packages.
> I hope we can do that for 25.1 so that `company' (for example) can be
> included in Emacs-25.1 without having to move it out of GNU ELPA.

Out of curiosity, how would this work?

It sounds very simple, but can obviously not be simple otherwise
someone would have done it already.

Is there a bug or something describing the necessary scripts?

I would be interested in providing daily tarballs on my buildserver here:

http://labs.it-huset.se/jenkins/job/Emacs/

--
Joakim Verona