tramp/plink, No such directory found via CDPATH env variable

From: jenia.ivlev
Subject: tramp/plink, No such directory found via CDPATH env variable
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:36:49 -0400

I have problems using emacs/plink/tramp on a windows host with a GNU/Linux VM.

I first noticed the problem when editing a file on the client GNU/Linux
machine (from the Windows host, using tramp/plink): I started the
eshell, and did `cd <some folder>`, it told me `No such directory found
via CDPATH environment variable`.

I think the problem has to do with this variable
`command-line-default-directory`.
It should follow the directory where the buffer is opened at.

Just to reiterate the problem, suppose I'm  in
C://plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder, I want to be able to type
`cd foldername` and not get the error `No such directory found via
CDPATH  environment variable`.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Jenia