Re: Using gv in map and seq?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Using gv in map and seq?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:45:52 -0400

> Something like the patch below seems to work (and it generalizes
> map-put to accept for MAP not only symbols but any "lvalue").  It also
> tightens the code generated by map--dispatch.

BTW, just like `map-put', it suffers from the major problem that it
hardcodes in the macroexpanded code (i.e. in the .elc files of Elisp
packages that use map-put) the current definition of map--dispatch and
the current 3 supported map types.

So we should introduce a helper function (call it map--put) and move
most of the setter's code there (including the dispatch).

        Stefan