Re: Unified project interface

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Unified project interface
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:23:54 +0300

On 07/13/2015 11:49 AM, Bozhidar Batsov wrote:

Might have been an oversight on my part. Right now nothing comes to mind
and I'll have to consult the source to remember. Originally there was only
the option to ignore folders, this much I remember.

I've looked at the code, and you have two functions that returns globs to ignore: projectile-paths-to-ignore and projectile-patterns-to-ignore.

They're split along different lines, though (rooted vs non-rooted patterns). I'm not sure how useful that would be.

And projectile-ignored-files/directories return actual file names inside the project, that's not what I want here either.

For now, it seems you'll implement `project-ignores' by using the value returned by `projectile-parse-dirconfig-file' (with a slight change: replacing / at bos with ./)

e.g. Rails mode or something like this?

Yep. ENSIME, Malabar, etc. Or Projectile.

Yeah, backward compatibility is problematic. I guess those can't be
backported to the `cl-lib` package in ELPA?

Well, maybe if there's enough of a demand someone will do it.

It's not there yet, and I'm not sure how much work it'll require.