Re: Msys2 mingw64 build broken

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Msys2 mingw64 build broken
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:38:32 +0300

> From: Stephen Leake <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:18:56 -0500
>
> As of
>
>    commit d3816bf8ad1fcfed2a32d23216a55850ee4325b5
>    Committer : Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>    CommitDate: Sat Jul 18 13:02:06 2015 +0300
>
> building master with Msys2 mingw64 is broken. But the problem could be
> in an earlier commit, last time I updated was 21 June.

FWIW, I've bootstrapped several times since June 12, and had no
problems.  But I use neither MSYS2 nor MinGW64.

> >From 'make bootstrap':

> make[3]: Leaving directory '/c/Projects/emacs/master-build-mingw64/lisp'
> ./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
> Warning: arch-independent data dir '%emacs_dir%/share/emacs/25.0.50/etc/':
> Permission denied

Please show your epaths.h.

Also, how did you configure Emacs, exactly?  What was the configure
command line?  Did you run autogen.sh after updating.

> Warning: Lisp directory 'c': No such file or directory
> Warning: Lisp directory
> 'C:/msys64//Projects/emacs/master-build-mingw64/../master/lisp': Permission
> denied

Are you building from outside of the source tree, or in some
build-specific subdirectory of it?

> I'd like to learn how to fix such problems; any hints on where to look?

Follow the error messages, I'd say.

> Something to do with handling msys absolute path naming conventions, but
> where in the code?

I don't know (that's part of the problem), but the warning come from
lread.c:load_path_check, I think.  (I just grepped the sources for
"Lisp directory", and that was the only hit.)  Likewise, the warning
about arch-independent data dir comes from callproc.c:init_callproc.
Setting a breakpoint in these locations and looking athe backtrace
should get you started.