Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 19:53:08 +0300

This change (or maybe one of the previous ones in this series) caused
the following messed-up message to be displayed during the build:

  ./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
  [...]
  lisp/abbrev.el: Γארwith-wrapper-hookΓאש is an obsolete macro (as of 24.4);
use a <foo>-function variable modified by `add-function'.
  lisp/simple.el: Γארwith-wrapper-hookΓאש is an obsolete macro (as of 24.4);
use a <foo>-function variable modified by `add-function'.

This is displayed on a Windows console which is incapable of showing
curved quotes.  Its codeset is cp862.

To reproduce this, I do the following:

 . remove lisp/abbrev.elc and lisp/simple.elc
 . touch some of the src/*.c files
 . type "make" and watch the fun

All the other diagnostics I've seen are perfectly legible.

Let me know if I can help you with additional information.