Re: When was a change installed?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: When was a change installed?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:38:56 +0200

> There will certainly also be a way of getting the log from inside Emacs.

For a particular file, just do `C-x v l' to get the history of that
file.

Also, as has been suggested: do `C-x v g' do do annotate, and then do
`l' on a particular line in the annotated file to see the log message
for the last change to that line, or `d' to see the diff of that change.

>From vc-dir, I think the command was `l'.

>From magit the command is `l l'.

>From the list of changes in either, you can quickly get the diff and the
log message, and the list of files changed with that file.