Re: Supporting multiline Package-Requires header

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Supporting multiline Package-Requires header
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:14:01 -0400

> Just to be sure, there is still no possibility to run a build directly
> on ELPA for packages such as Org and the bits and pieces you get in the
> archive will be delivered verbatim?

Not sure what you mean by that, but currently the scripts that generate
the tarballs from the Git checkout are very limited: they only create
the *-pkg.el file, the ChangeLog file, and can arrange for some files to
be absent from the tarball.
I'd like to add a makeinfo step in there, but haven't found the time to
do it.

So far, the design has been to refrain from running code which is under the
control of committers (we have very many committers).

        Stefan