Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:27:09 -0400

I suspect we may be talking about two different questions.  I am
talking about code that is part of Emacs.  (I said so explicitly in my
first message about this.)

  > Two Chinese developers who share code have no reason to write
  > comments in English and limiting them to ascii to write Chinese is
  > plain silly.

If they want their changes to be installed in Emacs, they must write
the comments in English.  We do not accept changes with comments in
Chinese.

That rule applies to all GNU packages.  See the GNU Coding Standards,
section Commenting Your Work.

You seem to be thinking about code that is not meant to be part of
Emacs -- but there is no need for a rule about that code.

--
Dr Richard Stallman