Re: text-quoting-style

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: text-quoting-style
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 23:31:20 -0400

> I DO NOT WANT CURLY QUOTES IN MY EMACS!!!!!
> How much more concrete can I get?

Then I guess you should go back to Emacs-19, since AFAIK curly quotes
have existed one way or another in Emacs ever since Emacs-20.

So, as far as I can tell, there's nothing we can to do help you.
And text-quoting-style is no solution for you either, since Emacs's
source code and many other documents will still come with those pesky
thingies.

IOW you agree that we should get rid of text-quoting-style.

        Stefan