Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 18:45:31 +0000

Alright. It is given that many users including myself cannot do without y-or-n-p.
So how do we resolve it? How do we make y-or-n-p work as well as it did before? Why is it difficult? Let's discuss the technical challenges here.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 2. User preferences vary.  Some users never want to respond to
>> a `yes-or-no-p' prompt.  That's their choice.  It should be easy
>> for them to express their choice and have Emacs respect it.
>
> But if (1) is not enough, then I think we should fix the rest
> of the use cases via a user option that redirects yes-or-no-p to
> y-or-n-p.  Requesting us to drag on with supporting such defaliases is
> an unjustified maintenance burden.

I agree with any solution that makes it possible. Be it user option or whatnot.