Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 20:54:08 +0300

> From: Chad Brown <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 10:31:20 -0700
>
> What I would like is for it to continue to be possible to use the
> functionality of both yes-or-no-p and y-or-n-p in the same emacs,
> with different code making different choices.

That's not the intent, at least not mine.  What I intend to do is let
users do the equivalent of globally replacing yes-or-no-p with
y-or-n-p, like they do with defalias or fset.

If that is not enough for your use case with confirm-kill-emacs,
please file a bug report describing the feature you'd like to have in
that situation.  The solution might or might not be in yes-or-no-p.

> Your message initially made me think you were suggesting a global
> defcustom for switching all uses of a unified function within an
> emacs;

It is.

> I don’t want that.

It's a defcustom; you don't have to use it unless you want.